- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- ½ cup onions, sliced
- 4 teaspoons low fat butter to cook
- 1 cup mixed sprouts, boiled
- ½ cup potatoes, boiled and mashed
- ½ cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pav bhaji masala
- 2 teaspoons coriander-cumin seed (dhania-jeera) powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon black salt (sanchal)
- 1½ cups tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- salt to taste
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.Add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilli and sauté for another 1 minute.
Add the pav bhaji masala, coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric powder, black salt, tomatoes and salt and cook for 5 minutes.Add the sprouts and potatoes and mix well. Keep aside.
Divide the sprouts mixture into 4 equal portions.Place one portion on one slice of bread.
Top with an onion slice and sandwich using another slice of bread.Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
Pre-heat the griller and grill the sandwiches, using a little low fat butter to cook.
Healthy Sandwich ready.