1 cup black gram (urad dal)
2 cups idli rava
Salt to taste.
Ingredients for Masala :-
Garam masala 1tsp
Green chillies + ginger - grated.
A pinch of turmeric.
Urad dal, mustard seeds, jeera,
curry leaves and oil.
Soak the urad dal for 5 to 6 hours.
Grind smoothly by adding little water and keep aside. (batter should be thick)
Wash idli rava in warm water and strain, mix idli rava and ground paste. Add salt and mix well.
Cover the lid and keep this mixture for whole night. Next day beat the batter well.
Grease idli plates with oil and pour the batter. Repeat it with all the idli plates.
Place this idli stand in a pressure cooker and steam cook for 12-14 minutes, put the vent in a medium flame.
Method for Masala Idly :-
1. Take a pan, pour 2 spoons of oil. Add urad dal, mustard seeds, jeera, and curry leaves.
2. Add turmeric, grated ginger,Garam masala and green chilli paste and fry all the ingredients for a minute.
3. Now cut Idly into medim sized pieces and add to this masala.
4. Let it be on stove for 2 minutes and miix well.
5. Serve hot with sambar/chutney