- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn, cooked, drained, and cooled
- 1/2 cup low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 fresh serrano chili pepper,
- seeded and finely chopped
- Leaf lettuce (optional)
- Chopped red or green sweet pepper (optional)
In a medium bowl combine cooled corn, yogurt, sour cream, and salt. In a small saucepan combine oil, cumin seed, mustard seed, and chili pepper.
Place over low heat and cook about 5 minutes or just until mustard seeds begin to "dance." (Do not overheat or seeds will pop out of the pan.)
Stir mustard seed mixture into the corn mixture. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Serve on lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with chopped red or green pepper, if desired. Makes 4 side-dish servings.