1. Easy way of Fermentat
If it is winter or weather is very chill then Preheat the oven to 215F and switch off and place the dough and leave it over night for fermentation.
2. Dosa Tava got screwed up and dosa is not coming
a. Cut the onion into two halves and rub dosa tava with onion.Then dosa’s will come perfect.
b. Use Grill non-stick sprays such as PAM
3.Way of Grinding Urudal
While grinding Urudal you need add little water often atleast with a gap of every 5 mins.then only dough will come soft.
4. If you are going to grind in Mixie then in that case you need 1 and 1/4 cup Urudal for 4 cups of rice.
5.Soak rice in water for half an hour then drain it and fry the rice in dry tavaThis will help the rice to come lengthy(will not break) when it is cooked.
6. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes
7. When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead-no white mess on the outside of the cake.
8. If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato-it absorbs the excess salt for an instant "fix me up."
9. Brush beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
10. Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it back up.
.11. When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness. (ah, an old 1940’s Fannie Farmer trick!)
12. To determine whether an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks, it is fresh-if it rises to the surface, throw it away.
13. Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
14. Don't throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
15. If you have a problem opening jars: Try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
16. Potatoes will take food stains off your fingers. Just slice and rub raw potato on the stains and rinse with water.
17. To get rid of itch from mosquito bite: try applying soap on the area, instant relief.
18. Ants, ants, ants everywhere ... Well, they are said to never cross a chalk line. So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend to march-see for yourself.
19. When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch tape before resorting to tweezers or a needle. Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter, then pull it off. Scotch tape removes most splinters painlessly and easily.
20. NOW Look what you can do with Alka-Seltzer:
Clean a toilet-drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush, and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous china.
Clean a vase-to remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets.
Polish jewelry-drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes.
Clean a thermos bottle-fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).
Unclog a drain-clear the sink drain by dropping three Alka-Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar. Wait a few minutes, then run the hot water
21.To easily remove burnt-on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to a boil on stovetop-skillet will be much easier to clean.
22.To get the most juice out of fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature & roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.
23 To prevent egg shells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling